Monday, February 22, 2010

Why I love 40k...

Hey guys,
Since my blog is still very new so I am going to post something a little more personal. Why I love Warhammer 40k.

Just to explain something, I would call myself a semi-competitive gamer, of course, I don't like to lose (who does) but i still have a lot of fun doing it. A couple months back I went to my first tournament, got smashed, came last, and had tonnes of fun doing it (I'm actually planning on going there again, stay tuned).

The things I have to love is the thematics. Just picture this in your mind. As you bend down to check the line of sight from your Tactical marine to the opposite building, he runs across the ledge of the building to the closest window, takes aim on an opposing Chaos Marine and shoots, the shot hits and explodes in a loud bang, and the Chaos Marine falls out of the building, dead (poor thing, didn't make his armour save), and hits the ground with a loud thud quickly following. Likewise, as you roll your difficult terrain test and then charge in, picture your Genestealers creeping slowly behind a pack of unsuspecting pack of Tau (-riffic) Fire Warriors silently, as the Genestealers surround the Tau in the forest, the Fire Warriors only get a look at the Genestealers as they wonder if they will survive, but the genestealers are already plotting there next move through the forest. You get what I'm saying.

See, it's just great fun to get into a game like that and have that much fun.

Another thing I love about 40k is (cliche) how vast the whole universe is, and how (GW fanboy skills arise) Games Workshop has made it so easy to make your own Craftworld of Eldar, Chapter of Space Marines or even your own group of Aliens, or Space Pirates who roam the Warp...

Well, it was a mighty type, but I got out what i wanted to say about how much I love 40k.
Till next time,
spinner5555 Remove Formatting from selection

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online